We’re thrilled to announce we are the Sustainability Charity you can now support via a new initiative called Promise or Pay. The premise behind it is simple – put your money where your mouth is!
The innovative charity pledge Promise or Pay turns millions of goals into charity. Promise or Pay is an online motivational tool that encourages people to keep their promises or else donate to their nominated charity. Their friends and family can come on board as supporters to financially back a promise to boost the likelihood of people achieving their goals even further. Essentially ensuring a win-win outcome and guaranteed social impact.
Research shows that making a formal declaration of your intentions increases your chance of actually achieving that goal by 33% and by 72% if money is put on the line. It’s a pretty sure-fire way to fulfill your New Year’s Resolutions, all the while making a contribution to a worthy cause.
Wondering what kind of promises you could make? Here’s a list of ideas to get things started:
– Use a reusable cup when ordering your coffee instead of a single-use takeaway cup.
– Go plastic-free! Avoid all plastic for 2 months.
– Only buy locally-produced groceries.
– Clean up your diet. Stop eating processed food.
– Only eat meat once a week for a month.
– Always take your own container to the take-away food store.
– Plant and maintain a vegetable garden.
Your promise can be anything that is meaningful to you, that you’ve been wanting to do but haven’t had the motivation or the incentive. Get creative, get promising and get your mates to support you!
Best of luck and we look forward to seeing your promises!!